AWARDS & RECOGNITION
We celebrate and honour the achievements of women across the payments ecosystem.
Recipients are women who have distinguished themselves as leaders, innovators, rising stars, and consummate professionals.
Through our awards program, we present awards to honour women payments professionals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, innovation and promise. An Awards Committee comprised of senior women leaders from across the payments industry will review nominations, and awards will be presented at an Awards ceremony.
EACH NOMINEE CAN ONLY BE NOMINATED FOR ONE AWARD CATEGORY, DUPLICATE NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A MAXIMUM OF ONE NOMINEE PER CATEGORY PER ORGANIZATION
SELF NOMINATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED
The women in payments 2024 Australia symposium award nominations will open March 15, 2024.
The Women in Payments Award for Innovation will be awarded to a nominee who has promoted payments innovation through creativity, vision, and perseverance in her organization or the payments industry. The nominee has been instrumental in promoting innovations or creative re-engineering.
- Evidence of work that supports and prioritizes the customer experience
- Work shows evidence of creating a significant impact on businesses and customers
- Innovations are quickly and effectively adopted and applied to other industries
- Innovations have evidence-based results that are measurable
- Evidence that the candidate supports and inspires others in the organization or industry to innovate
- References show the nominee is widely recognized for her expertise and actively works to empower others
- Demonstrates integrity and sets a high professional standard for ethics and quality work
The Women in Payments Emerging Leader Award will be awarded to a woman who has demonstrated leadership and professional excellence in the payments industry, supports other talented payments professionals and is committed to motivating others to make a positive impact in the payments industry.
- Examples of leadership, vision, maturity and perseverance in her career
- Evidence that the candidate is actively involved in promoting the payments community within her organization and the payments industry at large
- The Nominee is committed to further learning and development
- References confirm candidate leads by example and freely shares knowledge with peers, clients, and stakeholders
- Evidence showing exceptional and ongoing achievements have made demonstrable contributions to their institutions
- Examples of when the candidate demonstrated high integrity and set high professional standards for ethics and quality of work
- Currently employed in Australia
ADVOCATE FOR DIVERSITY
The Women in Payments Advocate for Diversity Award will be presented to a man or a woman in the industry who best meets the criteria.
- Is always willing to go that extra mile to achieve excellence for herself, her organization and/or the industry. She supports and inspires others through promoting innovation and advancement. She is results-oriented, always seeking new ideas with the ability to translate them into action for her organization and customers.
- Consistently outperforms her peers in a variety of settings and circumstances. Performs with distinction and delivers strong results by building trust and confidence among her colleagues.
- Exhibits behaviors that reflect her company’s culture and values in an exemplary manner. Shows a strong capacity to grow and succeed throughout her career.
- Is widely recognized for her expertise and actively works to empower others. Leads by example and motivates members of her team, organization or industry. Actively supports others to make a positive impact on members of her organization or the payments industry.
- Has high integrity and sets high professional standards for ethics and quality of work. Has contributed to a positive and supportive learning environment by encouraging diversity of people and opinions.
DISTINGUISHED PAYMENTS PROFESSIONAL
The Women in Payments Distinguished Payments Professional Award is a lifetime achievement honour, to recognize a leading woman who has made a significant contribution to the payments industry. It will be awarded to a woman who is an acknowledged trendsetter, role model, and positive contributor to the overall positive image of the industry.
- Influences on industry trends
- Actively involved with various stakeholders in the industry
- Contributes to the positive perception of the industry
- Evidence of collaboration
- Examples of diplomacy, professionalism and high ethical standards in all aspects of their work
- Evidence of actively contributing to the collective success of the payments industry as a whole
- Nominee leads by example and motivates others, acts as a mentor, teacher or advisor to members of the industry
The Women in Payments Community Impact Award will be awarded to a woman in the industry who best meets the criteria.
- Has shown courage in the face of adversity to drive change and support others in her organization or industry. Demonstrates leadership, vision, and resilience to bring about positive change in the community within her organization and/or industry.
- Consistently seizes opportunities to steer co-workers and/or the wider industry to a place of positivity, empathy and mutual support. Leads with spirit to drive toward a positive outcome for all. Is able to pivot as circumstances change to maintain a positive direction.
- Has shown steadfastness in navigating projects, leading teams and/or accomplishing goals despite difficulty or changing circumstances. Actively works to build resilience of the team, organization, or industry to support each other in times of uncertainty and great change.
- Is widely recognized for her expertise and skill in leading teams. Actively works to empower others to be positive team players and further change agents. Leads by example and motivates members of her team, organization, or industry. Acts as a mentor, advisor, and teacher, to make a positive impact on members of her organization or the payments industry.
- Has high integrity and sets high professional standards for ethics and quality of work. Has contributed to a positive and supportive learning environment by encouraging diversity of people and opinions to support the greater community.