A CAREER WITH PURPOSE
Join the Women in Payments team for a career with purpose. As the largest association for women in payments and fintech, join a team driven to bring gender parity to the forefront. Explore career opportunities here and come back often to see new roles posted.
Membership Database & Website Specialist
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Women in Payments offers women in the payments and fintech industry opportunities for career development through learning, networking, mentorship, and recognition at all stages of their careers. Members enjoy conferences, events, and a wide range of career development programs and opportunities. Engagement and support come from leaders in payments and fintech across multiple global markets. Further information can be found at www.womeninpayments.org
The Membership Database & Website Specialist is responsible for ensuring the website and membership management systems are effective and meet the needs of the organization and its users. They work closely with other members of the marketing and events teams to ensure the website and membership management system is aligned with the organization’s overall membership growth strategies.
The website specialist is responsible for managing the website. This includes:
- Content management: Includes creating, editing, and publishing content, as well as ensuring that the content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Website maintenance: Ensuring that the website is secure, monitoring website traffic and analytics, and fixing any technical issues that may arise.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Confirming that the website is optimized for search engines.
- Designing (working with an experienced UX developer when required) and optimizing the user experience on the website.
- Performance tracking and reporting: The website manager is responsible for tracking the performance of the website and reporting on key metrics. Membership database management:
Database updates and development
The database manager is responsible for ensuring the membership system is running optimally. This includes identifying enhancements, updates or new modules to implement.
- Database maintenance: The databases are properly maintained and updated. This includes monitoring database performance, troubleshooting errors, and ensuring data integrity and security.
- Data Management: Ensuring data quality, developing data storage policies, and backing up data regularly.
- User Support: Provide technical support to users of the database, including training on how to use the database and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Reporting: Generate reports on database performance, usage, and other key metrics, and presents this information to management and other stakeholders as needed.
- Data Integration: Integrate data from different sources into the organization’s databases, ensuring that data is accurate, complete, and consistent.
- Data Uploads: Responsible for member data uploads, mass deletions or any updates required to individual or sponsored members.
- Security: Ensuring the security of the organization’s databases, including developing security policies and procedures, monitoring for security breaches, and implementing security measures to protect against unauthorized access.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience in membership database management and has experience and familiarity with:
- Email Marketing Tools, Microsoft Office Suite, Event Management Tools, Online Payment Systems
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems, Survey and Feedback Tools, Data Analysis
- Virtual Meeting Platforms
- 2 Years of experience in website management and includes experience and familiarity with:
- Web Development, Content Management Systems (CMS), SEO & Analytics, Web Hosting & Server Management, User Experience (UX) Design, Troubleshooting & Problem Solving, Membership Management
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and direction
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills?
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities, tasks, and projects while maintaining a positive attitude and high-quality work output.
- Flexibility to work overtime or outside of typical schedule, if required
While this is a remote role, ideal candidates will be in the greater Toronto area, so they can attend regular in-person company meetings. We appreciate interest from all candidates, however, will only contact a short list of candidates for further discussion.
At Women in Payments our professional network unites women from around the globe with a shared vision of gender parity. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we believe the workplace is better and stronger when we build a culture that celebrates our differences.